In order to fly in Canada……..hope this is still accurate.
You will need to file a flight plan and then clear Canadian customs. The number to call for Canada Customs is 1-888-CANPASS (or 1-888-226-7277). The customs clearance procedures for private flights into Canada make it possible to arrive at destinations other than major airports.
Visit the Canadian Border Services Agency Website at: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel/menu-e.html. The CANPASS – Private Aircraft program makes clearing customs easier for private aircraft owners and their passengers traveling to Canada from the United States. 1-888-226-7277
As a non-resident visitor, you can claim a refund for goods and services tax (GST) and the harmonized sales tax (HST) you paid on eligible goods and/or short-term accommodation while visiting Canada
The following pilot and aircraft documentation are required to be on board the aircraft:
* Certificate of Registration
* Flight Authority Re http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/regserv/carac/CARS/cars/507e.htm#507_06
* Aircraft Flight Manual
* Proof of Insurance
* Pilot License
* Valid Medical Certificate
* Survival Equipment: http://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/REGSERV/CARAC/CARS/cars/602e.htm#602_61
* Aircraft Radio Station / Equipment License [not required for US-registered aircraft]
* Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Certificate ([US pilots need to contact the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in order to obtain a Restricted Radiotelephone operator Certificate; additional information can be found at the following Web site: http://wireless.fcc.gov/aviation/fctsht4.html#WHONEEDS
* Aeronautical charts: charts can be purchased from Nav Canada. Please visit the Nav Canada Web site at the following address: http://www.navcanada.ca/navcanada.asp and click on “Aeronautical Products”. For inquiries regarding landing fees, please contact Nav Canada at 1-800-876-4693. Their hours of operation are between 8 am to 6 pm Eastern Standard Time.
For further information contact:
Communications Centre / Centre de communications Civil Aviation / Aviation civile -1 800 305-2059 / (613) 993-1720
www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/menu.htm Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada