- The “BOOST” Ferris wheel, providing a perfect view of the EAA grounds, 50 feet above the Ford Hangar
- Barenaked Ladies live in concert, resented by Ford, free of charge to all Monday AirVenture guests
- The Ford Front 40 Lineup including the new 2018 F-150, F-150 Raptor and Super Duty trucks
- The EAA AirVenture Fly-In Theater, showing free aviation-themed movies every night, including Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Hidden Figures, Sully and more
- A full-size Raptor Racing Simulator where participants can share the experience of Ford Race Team in the 2017 F-150 Raptor
- Model T rides around the grounds with the Model T Experience
- Tough Tumblers Bungee Trampolines, the 30-foot Raptor Rock Wall, Ford Autograph HQ, Freebies and more
SUN ‘n FUN Fly-In, Inc.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2017 Seabird Splash-In
(February 2, 2017 Lakeland, FL) Mark your calendars for the 2017 Seabird Splash-In set for April 1st and 2nd, 2017 at Tavares Seaplane Base in Tavares, FL, airport identifier: FA1.
The weekend will include contests on the water and transit to the SUN ‘n FUN Expo Campus for the 43rd Annual SUN ‘n FUN International Fly- In & Expo on Monday, April 3rd. 100 LL Fuel will be available on the base and facilities will include mooring, docking and ramp access.
While SUN ‘n FUN continues to look for a suitable location for a Splash-In near Lakeland, Seabird Co-Chairmen Geoff Nye and Bob Highley met with the management of Tavares Seaplane Base and determined that a Splash-In at Tavares was not only feasible, but a great location for Seabirds on their way to SUN ‘n FUN this spring. Tavares, known as Americas First Seaplane City has all the facilities for seaplane activities, as well as walk-to hotels and restaurants. Tavares is experienced in conducting seaplane splash-in events and is excited to host the participation of SUN ‘n FUN Seabirds.
More information will be available on SUN ‘n FUN’s website, flysnf.org as it becomes available.
For more information on the Splash-in, please contact Geoff Nye, Seabirds Co-Chair at 215-913-4768 or email him at email@example.com
SUN ‘n FUN is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, located on the grounds of the Lakeland Linder Regional Airport in Lakeland, FL. Proceeds from all year-round events are returned to aviation-based STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) programs, activities and facilities, and used to support on-going scholarship funding.